Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Friday 26 August 2011

I hope this will help some of you~

I am no expert at "Punch around the page" by Martha stewart (as you will know if you have read my last post). BUT this is what I did (mind you it was after quite a bit of wasted card trying to get it right)!

I punched the corner then measured it to see how big it was, then measured the border bit once that was cut then the next corner and then added it all 3 up. (Don't know if that makes sense)! E.G. 1"+2"+1"=4", so cut the card at 4" to see how far out I was.
Yesterday on QVC Alex (Martha's right hand man) said It goes up in 2" incriments, but let me tell you....NO THEY DON'T!! Or at least the one I was using doesn't.
The Pansy punch I used cut at 3 1/4 and then the one on my last card which was 5", so my advice is to try what I said above with old card and when you get it right, save it write the size on it and get it out next time you need to. I have a feeling they are all NOT going to be the same, so you may need to do them for all your others....Good Luck.


Debbiexx

2 comments:

Dorcas said...

Hi Debbie!
Did you PATP not come with instructions??
Mine says this, you can make squares in these sizes:
3.25 inches
5 inches
6.75 inches
8.5 inches
10.25 inches
12 inches
If you start at the corners it works easiest.:-)

Tracey T said...

This is really handy to know, Debbie. I've followed the instructions which have come with my PATPs but they don't all line up perfectly. Or maybe it's just me and I need to put more tonic in me gin?! xx