Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Monday 10 January 2011

Tilda in Blue~

Hiya All,

Feels like ages since I made a card with a Magnolia image. I have had this stamp for sometime now (March last year) and have only inked her up once, so couldn't wait to use her when I saw this lovely sketch at MDUC.
I don't often use these sort of roses/flowers on my cards, feel they are far too bulky, especially if you want to send the card to someone, I find it will not fit the envelope and being a lazy crafter! I cannot be bothered making a box envelope. I usually use a punched flower, like a NS or MS, I find these are fine and will squash down in the envelope.




Back to the card. Its made with some Basic Grey papers, June Bug they are called. A little basket shaped button, flowers and ribbon from my stash. Coloured with pro-markers.
It is a bit busy for me, I defiantly prefer the less is more look, but don't dislike it, just feels it's a bit OTT. LOL

Going to enter into:

MDUC--Sketch
BasicGrey Challenge--Spots and Dots
Just Magnolia--Anything Goes and a Button
Magnolia Stamp Lovers--Blues
Totally Tilda--Ribbons and Roses

Debbiexx

14 comments:

Sheri said...

Such a sweet card..and those flowers are so perfect! Thank you for joining us at MSL! :)

Debra James said...

Your card looks really great Debbie, I know what you mean by the size of the flowers for posting but it does look fab on your creation.love the colours you chose,xxxxx

Kathy said...

This is such a pretty card! The papers are fabulous and the colors so pretty! Love this sweet Tilda too!
:)Kathy

chris said...

Its gorgeous debbie so beautiful. hugs chris xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous card and not OTT at all. Hugs, Claire x

Cindy said...

I love your choice of colors and papers. They go so well together. Thanks so much for sharing at the MSL 'blues' challenge and we hope to see you back again soon. C2

LilyPuss Cards said...

Hi Debbie...what a lovely Tilda...the flowers are fab too...the envelope boxes are really easy to make you know...lol...there is a really easy tutorial somewhere..I'll come back with the link for you...thank you so much for all the lovely comments you have left for me...truly appreciated...
Hugs
Jan...x

LilyPuss Cards said...

Hi Debbie..heres that link...
http://ricas-haven.blogspot.com/2010/02/envelopebox-tutorial.html

hugs
Jan..x

LisiB said...

I love your card! So cute! Really special

Jo Nevill said...

Love your card, I just love Tilda too. Super duper papers which go so well with your image and lovely flowers.

Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges this week and good luck !

Hugs,

Jo xxxx

Lou said...

Hi!Debbie,your card is just gorgeous and love the flowers/papers-Tilda looks so pretty.
thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge,hugs Lou.xx

Tara Godfrey said...

Debbie this is gorgeous! I love Tilda in blue...beautifully coloured. Gorgeous papers and flowers too! I really love your take on Karen’s fabulous sketch that we have for this week’s challenge!
Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC!
Hugs,t

Unknown said...

WOW Your card is AWESOME!! I love how you have used my sketch:-) I really love your papers and flowers and ribbons too!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at MDUC this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

OH this is a very beautiufl card!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the polka dot paper for the back drop!!
Thanks so much for joining in this week at MDUC.
hugs, Janiel