Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Sunday 15 July 2012

Eve and Sophie~


Hello Girls.

Hope I find you all well, and the weather is being good where you are!
I cannot believe we are two weeks into July, yet the weather is not as it should be, Grrrr!!

I have a Layout to show you today.
I find Scrapbooking so therapeutic, and even though people tell me they think it's hard to do, I personally find it easier than card making!!
I just love taking a photo which means such alot to me (maybe the children when they were little and we were out and about on one of our adventures) and putting it together with Papers I love and Journaling to tell me what it is all about. Just my idea of crafting heaven!

So....The Layout (I will get there in the end!!)
This is a photo of my Daughter Eve (on the right) and her friend Sophie.
It was probably taken on one of their "Meal Nights" out (they do like their Italian food!!)





I have used quite alot of leftover bits of paper from my ever growing "leftover" stash.
I have also used some Do Crafts "Book print" paper, in black and white, which I love.
The "Giant" button is made using a Tim Holtz Grunge circle which I have covered in paper and inked the edges of.
I hunted high and low for tiny white letters for the title, this bunting is ever so small, so knew I had to have very small letters, but no luck.
In the end I had to write the title by hand in White marker pen (Not something I wanted to do with my hideous handwriting, ) not very happy with the finished result, but never mind!
I am entering this page into a couple of Scrapbook challenges and a couple of others, details below.

Once upon a Sketch--Sketch and Friends
Bird is the Word--"Beyond" (Word)
Simon Says Stamp and Show--Layering
Totally Papercrafts--Lots of Layers


Thank you for looking. Debbiex






    

22 comments:

Svetlana Austin said...

your LO is very beautiful! I love all the layering with different papers and embellishments! it looks stunning!
thank you for joining us at OUAS!

Renata Moni said...

Beautiful Lo!

Lizzyc said...

HI.. It is so good when you can use up some stash isnt it!! This looks lovely, a special photo and a wonderful use of the word 'beyond'.. and thanks for joining in at BITW!!

Louise said...

Fabulous layout Debbie I have not scrapped book for ages and really miss it,have a great week.
Louise xx

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous Debbie.
luv
Debby

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous layout and colour palette . Love all the layers of interest and the bunting is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Irini said...

Lovely layout Debbie! especially love the colour scheme black white and red my fave~!
Thanks for playing along with us at BITW
hugz
irini

Eila Sandberg said...

Very eye catching colours and lovely layers! I especially like the banner. Clever you to create a page that fits so many challenges. Thanks for sharing it with us at OUAS as well.

Unknown said...

Fab layout super colours and great photo too Hugs Elaine

carol said...

super layout, fab page, thanks for sharing with TPC x carol

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Beautiful page,I love the colors,thanks for playing along with us at BITW

Chris said...

Lovely LO The papers, photo and design are all gorgeous!
chris
x

Georgia Heald said...

Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS =)

Mary J said...

What a great layout Debbie! Love the bunging and use of paper!

Cathy said...

Fantastic LO Debbie.. love the use of your leftover stash and sweet bunting title!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS :)

Tina said...

Such a cute layout! Fantastic!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous!! How fun it can be to use our scraps, right?! Love your layering here, great color combo, too! So glad you joined us at OUAS!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful layout! Love the little banner strewn across and such a sweet photo! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :)

Unknown said...

great layering...thanks for playig along with BITW

Romy said...

Your layout looks simply wonderful! Beautifully layered and I love the colours that you used too. Fab work! Thank you for joing us at OUAS!

Lynsey said...

Debbie this is a stunning layout! Love the layers and all the details.
Hugs Lynsey x

Anna Zaprzelska said...

Lovely page and great take on the sketch!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS:)