Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Monday 30 March 2015

Hello Folks


Hi There Folks

I am back from a City Break with my lovely Hubby. We have just had four days in Amsterdam.
We've been their before, 6 years ago and have always wanted to re-visit. So for our 30th Wedding Anniversary back in January, I decided to book us this time away. We waited 'till now as the weather is quite bad in Jan/Feb, (even worse than our weather) so end of March it was.
It was even better than our first visit, we had such a great time.
The holiday did not get off to the best start after the Germany Plane Crash....If you know me, you will know I am a dreadful wuss when it comes to doing what only a bird should do!
But what could I do, it was the day before I flew, so literally no turning back!
I must admit I was surprisingly better than I thought, Hubby was even impressed at how good I was!

So before I show you the cards I have made today I thought I would share a couple of holiday photo's with you (not too boring I hope!)
I am a big Museum lover, so the RijksMuseum was a place I was so looking forward to seeing again. The "Night Watch" a huge Rembrandt painting, (a picture is below) did not disappoint, it's now been moved into it's own room with a beautiful atrium,  it was just wonderful.


The Night Watch


The Rijksmuseum 


Our "Rubbish" Selfie!! 

  
So onto today's cards.
These are for a friend of my Daughter's at work. I have used the Mask and Stamp in a shoe shape from Clarity (I have the exact same configuration only in a dress on a hanger too, just so sweet).
It's a nice card to make as I ink through the mask, then stamp the shoe over the top, I add some shading at the base of shoe and heel and hey presto, done...easy peasy!
The papers are all from my leftover box, and the sentiments are pc generated. The little butterflies are made using a MS punch, I have added some jewels and enamel dots too. The big flower is from Hobby House and the little bunting is by Memory Box Die (which gets alot of use!)




Debbie X

4 comments:

Sheila said...

We love Amsterdam - my brother used to live there so we explored a lot while he was there. Attitudes are so different there. Your card is very feminine! Beautiful. Great selfie too - congratulations to the happy couple x

Debs said...

Looks and sounds like you had a fabulous break Debbie - I too love museums and the artwork is always so amazing to look at - hard to imagine how they did such awesome work so many years ago with limited materials to work with.
Super pretty card.
Have a wonderful day.
Debs xx

jill said...

Your selfie isn't that bad Debbie. Sounds like you've both had an amazing break. Fab card also

Dawny P said...

Hiya hunny. Glad you had a good time and I'm soooo with you on the flying. I'm not great myself either. Are you going to Port Sunny? Come and say hi if you are xxx