Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Monday 23 August 2010

A Cupcake, but with NO calories~

Hi All~


No card tonight as I have had a buzy day and not managed to finish any of the one's started. Hopefully I will get them done in the morning.

I went to Zumba dance class first thing this morning, then it was my monthly meeting at "Cut and Chat" with my craft friends. Ths afternoon I have been tidying up my crafroom (and that can take the best part of two hours!!) No sooner have I got it organised, I start to mess it up again!

Sorry about the photograph, think I took it at slilghtly the wrong angle as all the embelishments look a bit stuck together, but actually they are all spaced out and at different hights, don't no what I did to make it look so different in real life!!



I have wanted to have a go at making a "Cupcake" for ages, and I had a good luck around 'till I found a tutorial I could actually follow.
Some of the gorgeous tutorials were so elaborate, but unfortunatly I don't do elaborate, compicated or hard, I like things simple and nice to do, but not time consuming. What a light weight I am!!

I started off with a cirle of paper which I folded about 15 times, a sort of consertina, then added a small chunk of florists oasis to the centre and wrapped the paper round it. If you squeeze the folds round the oasis it ends up looking like a real cupcake. Use a glue gun to stick it together, but DON'T glue your fingers like me because......IT HURTS, ALOT!!
The curls on top are made with thin strips off a 12x12 sheet of paper, wrap round a pencil then pin to the oasis. Glue on ribbon wound round and round to resemble icing, then add any embelishments you like on a cocktail stick pushed in.
It was only my first attempt, so sure the next one will look a little sharper, but am quite pleased for a first time.

I have even found a challenge or two to enter:

Gingersnap Creations--3d
One Stop Challenge--NOt a card
Allosrts--3" project

Debbiexx

13 comments:

Andria said...

Thats brilliant for a first attempt it looks good enought to eat, I would love to give these a try too, will add it to my ever growing must try list.

Crystal said...

OH WOW this is GREAT what a fun fun cupcake...it soooooo looks yummy!!!!

Sheila said...

1st attempt - well they can't get any better - this is fabulous Debbie! Good enough to eat. Hoping to get holiday pics up on my blog soon. Sheila x

chris said...

Wow Debbie this is amazing, would love to have a go. I LOVE IT.

Lindsey said...

Ooooh Debbie, love your cupcake! I t looks very complicated but very tasty! Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week x

scotspanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scotspanda said...

what a gorgeous cupcake, love it love it love it, making me hungry lol

thanks for taking up my challenge at Allsorts this week

Amanda xx

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely brilliant wow it really looks complicated and so much work but tell you what it looks stunning top notch work thank you for sharing it with us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Suzi Mac said...

What a wonderful creation, love it. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

wwilloww said...

That is a beautiful cupcake!!! I think your image of it is fine and it sure does look good enough to eat!!!

Val said...

How clever - I could eat that.
Thanks for joining OSCC this week.
Hugs
Valxx

Lindsey said...

Congratulations Debbie! You made top 5 at Allsorts this week !

Anonymous said...

Wonderful creation! Just yummy! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations 3D Challenge!