Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Monday 8 August 2011

Configeration Boxes~

Hi Girls,

Just thought I would share with you the presents I made for my friend Angie's Birthday and a surprise gift for my Son's Girlfriend.

They are the configuration Boxes by Tim Holtz. These are not the first boxes like this I have made, I love making them, I find them very therapeutic to do.





The only problem I have when making them is finding all the "Findings" to go inside.
I try to find lots of tiny little bottles, clocks, cotton reels etc. Tim does do quite a good range, but I try to look in other places too. I sometimes find old Christmas baubles as long as they are not too big. If you can see on the photo, the silver mirror type balls are tree ornaments!!






A couple of people have asked me the price to make these boxes, but I find them really expensive. The boxes themselves start at about £7 for the smallest one (they do lots of sizes, even huge ones) The boxes then have to be decorated with Tim's tissue tape and papers, ink etc. BUT the major costs are buying all the "Findings" that go in all the boxes, they can be up to £3 a piece! This can get quite pricey.
Up to now I have made all mine to give away as presents, so would only make them for this.

Hope you like them.

Found a couple of Challenges to enter:



Crafts and Me--Anything Goes

Dream Valley Ch--Distressing


Debbie Xx



13 comments:

Fleur said...

OMG Debbie, they are absolulty stunning. I can see why people want to buy one. But I understand what you mean about the expense. Anyway your friend & son's girlfriend are extremely lucky.
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Sheila said...

Wow these are both stunning. Never thought of trying this but would like to, Sheila:)X

Fiona said...

These are fab Debbie but I can understand why you only do them as pressies, you given me an idea for xmas presents now. I think I'll be looking in charity shops for the 'ornaments' tho', TH is far too pricey.

Suzie Q said...

Wow Debs you have excelled yourself these are beautiful i don;t know how you can part with them they are fab!
have a great day
Suzie qx

Claire said...

These are just amazing Debbie and even though they work out to be expensive, I bet people would be more than willing to pay you the full whack for making them, bearing in mind all the costs. They are going to love these. Hugs, Claire x

gina g said...

Wow these are stunning. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

Anonymous said...

FAB-U-LOUS!!! xx

Faye said...

Projects like this scare the hell out of me, so I particularly love this. Wow. You rock. xxx

Fiona said...

Debbie...these are fab. i remember seeing the last one did for your niece I think...you will need to give us a wee tutorial!!

Fi
x

Emma said...

Wow so beautiful and stunning Debbie.
Hugs Emma x

Mrs A. said...

Hi Debbie, I agree the cost can be quite excessive by the time you have added in the contents. Trying to work out how to make a box of my own design that is just as robust. Love this one that you have made. Hugs Mrs A.

melsanford said...

Fab creations! Love the distressing :-) Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Carrie's Corner said...

Wonderful projects! I love these config. boxes. Great job with the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie