Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Saturday 17 May 2014

Sweet Stampin' Challenge~My Mum.


Hello Ladies~

Saturday means another Challenge over at Sweet Stampin' and this week our Theme is "Milestone Birthdays".
As My Lovely Mum "Beryl" is 75 this month, (mind you she doesn't look it as you can see by the photo of her I have added to this post), I decided to use her Birthday as my inspiration for the Milestone Birthday for this theme.
Our Sponsors this week are "Crafts U Love".

My Mum does not look 75 does she, hope I look and act like her when I am her age, she is amazing.
Her dress sense is so lovely, she has beautiful silver grey bobbed hair and lovely skin, she is always so positive and happy and I love her so much. This is a recent photo, taken when Mum, my Sister, my Friend and I went to Spain on holiday.
In this photo (if you look in the background you will see a load of blokes on a Stag night all wearing the Cowboy hats,) one of them gave Mum his hat for the photo, she was just minding her own business sat at the bar in Benidorm's "Western Pub", when one of them just popped his hat on her head!!



This is another photo of Me, Mum and My Sister Mandy, backs to the Mediterranean! 



I started my card with a 7x7 Samuel Taylor blank, I used all LOTV papers + Image from one of the Art Pads. I used a Darkroom Door Sentiment Stamp called "String Sentiments". I just love this set, it has Birthday, sympathy, get well, hello, thinking of you, hugs and congratulations in the set and all have this string effect through the words. The card is finished with a few different pearl embellishments.



Papertake Weekly--Pretty Pastels

The Ribbon Girl--LOTV Image + Pearls


Debbie X

7 comments:

Janice said...

Great card Debbie I'm sure your Mum will love it and I would have to agree she looks fabulous. Have a great weekend, Jx

Chris said...

You've made a beautiful card for your beautiful Mum! I have to agree with you, she looks amazing1 Hope she enjoys her big day!
Chris
x

Wishcraft said...

Lovely photos, your mum does look fabulous! Gorgeous card hun, such a pretty image :o) Hugs, Lisa x

mixamatoasties said...

That's fabulous Debbie, I'm sure your mum will love it. And I'm also sure she's not 75 ;)

Susan xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Debbie and beautiful photos - your Mum looks fabulous :o)
Have a wonderful day - sun is already shining here :o)
Debs xx

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card Debbie, I really love the sweet image and soft pretty colors. The heart pearls is just the perfect touch to it.... and thanks for sharing your personal photos with us. Yes your mum definitely does not look like she is 75. Bless her how sweet and young she looks.. you're so lucky :) xxx

Lynsey said...

Hi Debbie what a wonderful card, I bet your mum loved it! I can't believe she is 75! Hope she had a lovely day!
Hugs Lynsey x