Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Wednesday 10 April 2013

MDF Altered Box~

Hi Girls~

I have an MDF Altered Box to show you tonight.
I made this a few weeks ago. It was originally made for a Craft Sale, but my Sister fell in love with it, so today as a surprise, I gave it to her. She was delighted and said she wanted to put her jewelry in it.

I have showed a picture of the box before and after it was altered. It is just so plain before it's decorated. I just love it afterwards.
I used Gesso on the blank box and then painted over the top once dry with EcoGreen Acrylic Paint in the colour Sand.
I have used some of my new Heartfelt Creations Papers to cover the lid and sides. These are a new company to me, the papers are stunning and one 12x12 page has covered this box. The box measures 8x6 and was the middle size of these boxes. A perfect size for a dressing table.




 
The bodyform was cut from a leftover bit of a Scrapbook page, the Doily is a DoCrafts intricate die (mind you if you use the Reynolds Wax paper it's a doddle to get out the die). The flowers are my new favourites and are a die from Di-Namics. I have used some pearl string beads from my stash & card candy. The Sentiment is also from the Paper Pad, and this gorgeous corner die is also a new die, but I have lost the packaging and I cannot remember who it's made by.
 
Entering into:
 
 
 
 
Debbiex         

9 comments:

May said...

Stunning box, No wonder your sister fell in Love with it! It's Gorgeous...Love the papers, dressform & pearls... Love it all... Hugs May x x x

Unknown said...

this is fabulous Debbie x I too bought one of these boxes - a bit larger I think than yours but you have inspired me to start making plans to decorate it x

Claire said...

This is fabulous Debbie, I can see why your sister wanted it! Love how you have decorated it, has a very elegant feel to it. Hugs, Claire x

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Debbie this is stunning! I want one!! Do pop over to the Craftwork Cards blog today... As you are on it!!
Hugs
Tina
xxxx

chris said...

Your box is beautiful.love it Debbie
Hugs Chris xx

Faye said...

Debbie! Wow! This is stunning. I love it, I really do. X

Fiona said...

No wonder your sister loved it, you've done a fab job here Deb, this is so pretty.

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Debbie.. Look at just how tricky you are!! Beautiful job!!!
hugs...Janiel

Natali said...

Wow!! You decorate it just amazing. Love it!!
Hugs,
Natali