Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Saturday 17 March 2012

Big Tag~


Hi Girls,
Thank you to all my followers for leaving such lovely comments for me, they are much appreciated.

I am away all weekend so this post is scheduled. I will hopefully be buying lots of new crafting goodies by the time this goes live, and no doubt Angie and I will have been in stitches laughing at something that has gone on....We cannot go anywhere without getting into a bit of bovver!!! In a nice way!
Everybody we know says we could have a good time in a garden centre in the middle of winter!!!! What do they mean?

I hope you like today's "Crafty Make"....I had a little go at cutting with my New Tim Holtz "Birdcage" alterations die.
I have had it a few weeks now, and was dying to have a go with it. I decided to try and put it over the top of Tim's other alterations Die, the "Sewing Room", I saw this technique in a magazine, I am really pleased at how it has turned out too.

I started by using Grunge Paper and cutting out the dress form.
I then cut it again in this gorgeous pink paper by Glitz Designs, I cut the birdcage in this paper aswell.
As this is double sided paper, I used the other side (which is blue) to cut out the bird and a couple of tiny flowers. I have made a banner with a bit of old book page, added some pearls and ribbon and I found this neutral braid in my box, thought it went with this quite well. All the edges are inked with Walnut Stain. I finished the form with a set of wings which were stamped, inked and covered in glossy accents.
I then mounted it onto a large "Postcard" style big tag by Crafty Individuals. The colours these tags come in are just gorgeous, and this one just needed the edges inking with Walnut stain and it was done.

Entering Into:


Bunny Zoe--Shabby Chic

Creative Card Crew--Vintage

Charisma Card Ch--Alter It

Crafty Sentiment Designs--Things with Wings

Ladybug Crafts--Anything Goes

Sarah Hurley--Steampunk


Debbiexx

18 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Sensational Debbie. Those two colours look so gorgeous together. I think I saw the same article and thought how good the idea was and how it made it look like the old fashioned hoops under the dresses of old. Have a crafty time with all your goodies that you bring home. Sob sob I'm on UIU so nothing for me. Hugs Mrs A.

Vicky said...

This is so beautiful Debbie..and I hope you are having a lovely time and spending lots of pennies..lol..

big hugs Vicky xx

Fleur said...

Oh Debbie, this a fantastic Tag, hope you had a great time
HUGZ Fleur xXx

thekathrynwheel said...

LOVE your tag :-))

It was soo nice to see you at AFTH. Thanks for calling in to say hello :-)) xx

Anonymous said...

beautiful tagx

thekathrynwheel said...

Hi Debbie. Me again! Yes, go ahead and show the photo! Would love to see it x

Kaz Hall said...

Hello Debbie

Thanks so much for passing by my blog and for your lovely words!
sorry I missed you but there will always be next time xx thanks again

Kaz x x

Margaret said...

A fabulous tag!
Thanks for joining us at the Creative Card Crew challenge #6
Margaret DT

Jenni said...

Beautiful tag, really love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Jenni x

Claire said...

This is fantastic, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this week.
Cxx

Candy C said...

Debbie...thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my Dylusional handmade background! That means so much to me! I really hope to take some classes from Dy sometime. She's amazing!
I love your tag you've got on your blog right now! It's so pretty. Great dress form and caged bird combination. <3 Candy

Kelly said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at Charisma Cardz this week

Romina Nahata said...

aww !so beautiful !!
*do join in my giveaway !!

Scrappy Scatty said...

How lovely
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
Love Jan
xx

Mau xx said...

Hi Debbie, where did you hide??? I
searched for you but no bag with pink pigs on was to be seen :(
hope you had a great time though.
huge Hugs Mau xx

Mau xx said...

Hi Debbie, where did you hide??? I
searched for you but no bag with pink pigs on was to be seen :(
hope you had a great time though.
huge Hugs Mau xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Aww, isn't it lovely to have a friend like that, every girl needs one! Hope you've had a wonderful time, look forward to hearing all about your new goodies & fab tag by the way! xx

Sharda said...

super cool tag!