Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Monday 7 June 2010

A Pair of Gorgeous Girls~




Hi All~

Today has been a busy day for me.
I have been to work and have done lots of clearing out.
I decided to have a good clear out of my stash upstairs, stuff like gifts not given and clothes not worn etc, and I am taking them to my local charity shop tomorrow.
I have also made a start on clearing some stuff out of my craft room, but I did not get very far, It will take longer than a couple of hours to get that job finished!!

Tonight I have made a couple of easy cards, both are GG, but they are both Die cut decoupage and not stamped, so nice and easy to make.
I have chosen my lovely Speciality Paper by K&Co, I think they are called Handmade, they are all double sided and are very nice to work with.
I have tried to make these cards look different from each other, although I have used a MS punch on both, but have chosen to tear paper on one card and add stickles round the edge. The other I have used Tim Holtz Tattered Rose ink round the edges, and tried to keep it a bit more clean lined. I love the red textured 'mat' shiney board used, I have this in a few different colours and it looks great punched.
I like these decoupage GG they are such fun to use, mind you I have noticed all the images are very dark in colour, wish a few of them were a bit brighter, but thats just me!
Debbiexx

8 comments:

Fiona said...

wow Debbie...these cards are gorjuss..I have never seen the gorjuss girls in decoupage form....where did you buy them??

Dotty Jo said...

Mmmmmmmmmm, totally in the mood to make a Gorjuss girl card now! These are great, love those die cuts - isn't it good to see how the artist colours their own work? You have made beautiful cards and I love the papers that you have used, just perfect for the images, Jo x

Sheila said...

These 2 are lovely - great papers and love the torn look! Sheila:)X

Shelley said...

These are lovely Debbie! Be great to have them both as stamps. I too have been cleaning, but I am gutting my kitchen. Three bin bags and still going. What are we like, why do we collect so much stuff we don't need! hugs shelley

Sharon said...

Hi Debbie, you were asking about the red cross next to your name on your Truly Scrumptious entry. I'm not sure why this happens but I get it also when I enter some challenges and I only seem to get it when I'm viewing through Windows Explorer!! You certainly haven't been disqualified though!!

Lindsey said...

Gorjuss cards Debbie, I love how you hav made them so different to each other. Great minds think alike as i've been clearing out too today!

Lindsey said...

Yeah got bored so got it a new wardrobe!

Suzie Q said...

Hi Debbie,
Gorguss Cards!! you knew that was coming x
doesn't it make you feel good when you have a sling out i did the shoe cupboard i always wonder why i never chucked the shoes out the last time i sorted it lol!!!
hugs
Suzie Qx