Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Friday 29 April 2011

A Boy Card!!




Hello Girls~

Well I just loved the Royal Wedding, did you?....Started watching about 8.30am and did not stop until the gorgeous couple left the balcony after the "double" kiss!!

I know some people have had a little moan about the Royal Wedding being expensive and a bit too "Royal", but I loved it.
Unfortunately (as is the case lately, must be my age or something) I had several teary bouts. The worst one was when I saw William and Harry together in their uniforms, I thought about Diana straight away, and how they walked down the Mall that day behind the coffin....BUT then I was all smiles when I saw Kathrine's dress........How totally perfect was that, so understated yet just, so her. I was delighted she picked an Alexander McQueen dress by Sarah Burton, just a Perfect Day (as the song goes!)

So after a great day I decided to have a play while all my lot are out and I am here "Home Alone"). Yippee

I have not used this Edwin Magnolia Stamp for ages, and I do love it, I only have a couple of Edwin's but I do think he is a sweetheart!





I have used some papers from my stash, and I have made a button from the same papers. All I did was cut out about 6 star shapes from a NS die I have, I like making my own buttons, I have put two holes in the middle with my cropadile.
I have added a sentiment from the Fizzy Moon collection, and a few red staples.
The border punch is a MS, I used to think I did not like this punch, but it is perfect for a man/boy's card.


Entering this card into:

Cute Card Thursday--Pick a Sketch (I chose No.144 by Lisa)
C.R.A.F.T Ch--Tag, 2 Squares and Circle
Cards For Men--Circles
Delicious Doodles--Teenagers
Moving Along With The Times--Anything Goes
One Stitch at a Time--Men and Sport
Polycraft Monday--Fun and Games
Play Date Cafe--Red, Lime and Grey
The Paper Variety--Polka Dots
CES--Photo Ins

Debbiexx

26 comments:

~jan said...

What a lovely color combination! I love the different sized polka dots too. :) Edwin is pretty cute as is this wonderful card! Thanks for sharign it with us at The Paper Variety!
(loved the Royal Wedding too!) :)

Anita Bownds said...

absolutely lovely card..
thanks for joining in this week at Delicious Doodles challenge blog.. hugz..Anita xx

Jenny said...

Eine sehr schöne karte. Die farben sind frisch und sie wird bestimmt gefallen.

KarenB said...

Hi Debbie, thanks for playing at CRAFT this week. I love that Edwin image, and you've created the perfect boy card :)

Vicky said...

I loved the wedding too hun...and I was the same as you..had a wee tear when I sure the boys in their uniform..their mum would of been so proud..but wow it was a magical wedding and that dress was amazing..then the kiss x 2...then the car at the end!...it was just a perfect day lol!

Enough waffle..! love your card Debbie...super image and fabby layout too sweetie..

have a lovely day today...hugs Vicky xx

Fiona said...

The border punch reminds me of broderie anglaise Debbie - fabby card! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

Claire said...

I watched from 8.00 am! Wasn't it just brilliant - it may be expensive, but it's a ROYAL wedding and thats how it should be don't you think. Fabulous card hun, love the image and great layout. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Debbie hun love Edwin he looks fabulous & I love your gingham.
Thank you so much for joining in with my photo inspiration at CES Challenges this week, good luck hunni.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Pami said...

Hi Debbie, I loved watching the wedding as well, I had it on all day and even watched the repeats!! Your card is wonderful, I love the colour combination. Thanks for joining in with us at MAWTT this week and good luck. Pami x

Kitty said...

Oh this is super cute hun!!

Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at MAWTT.

Kitty xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this great project with us at CRAFT.

Kerry

Julye said...

Fab card and would be good for sport or fathers day, thanks for sharing with us all here at OSAAT.

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable card.
luv
Debby

Betty said...

Hi Debbie a lovely adorable card.
Thank you for joining us this week at C.R.A.F.T challenge.

Betty x x

GDT for the month of April at C.R.A.F.T

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Yes - the Royal Wedding was fabulous - I watched it all as well (did the ironing until William and Harry set off for the Abbey)!! Love your card - Edwin is so handsome and we don't see enough of him. Beautiful colour choice too.
Thank you so much for joining us at the MAWTT challenge this week - Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Michele Gross said...

Super cute image and I love your use of patterns!Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Donnas Den said...

Great card Debbie. I've added you in to the list at Cards for Men. Good luck with the challenge.

Donna x

Teri said...

Lovely to see you here at Delicious Doodles this week! Thanks for playing along with us, your card is perfect!
Hugs,
Teri x

April said...

Very sweet card! Great colors for a boy card for sure. :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Variety!
- April

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous boy card, love that Edwin image. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxxx

Steph said...

Such a sweet card. Love the colours. I know what you mean about the wedding. Me and my Mum had a box of tissues sitting between us!! x

Melissa said...

Cute card. I like how you used the polka dots as accents. Thank you for participating at The Paper Variety.

Jinny Newlin said...

Great layers and design! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a sweet image--great coloring! LOVE the PP too:) Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

Anonymous said...

Sweet card! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

crafty amy said...

What a great card and that punch is perfect lol :D
Thank you for joining us at CES and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx