Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Monday 18 April 2011

Easter is on it's way~

Hiya Girls~

I am posting this whilst watching "The Godfather"- Hubby couldn't believe I was watching it on TV, especially when I have the full box set!! But thats me, and it is one of my top 20 films.

I have been chilling out today. I had a nice time at the Aquarium, but working all day takes it's toll, I am just not used to it! LOL
The weather was so nice at Lakeside and I love to watch the Windermere Steamer Boats going up the Lake, It's magical, a beautiful sight.
Not that busy inside where I was, but when It's lovely weather I am not as busy as when It's raining outside. At the Aquarium they have two new Otters (that's 4 altogether) and it was lovely to see them all swimming around and foraging for meal worms, So a good weekend for me and this weather is even better.

This afternoon after doing my jobs I have had a little play. I wanted to do a spring/Easter card using a Tilda stamp, but when I looked I had nothing that even slightly resembled a Spring/Easter image!!
Oh what to do......

In my craft room I have a box with stamped images in, most of them have been stamped for me by friends..In there I found this "old" Tilda, but I do like her, it's a bit different from some of the ones you can get now. I think with her having a bunch of flowers in her hand she should pass as a image for Spring/Easter, hope you agree!!





Image is Magnolia, Papers are Dovecraft Tea Party (I think) and the green word paper is Craftwork Cards. I have also used one of my brand new Nesties, I love this shape. The Swirls are from a Marianne die and pearls are Hobbyhouse. I have coloured the image in Pro-Markers, I have added a bit of Stardust Stickles to the flowers and wings.

Entering this card into:

A Gem Of a Challenge--Pearls and Swirls
Cupcake--Layers
Allsorts--Sketch
Craft Your Days Away--Easter
Magnolialicious--Pink & Green
MDUC--Easter
MSL--Easter
Stamptacular Sunday Ch--Magnolia Stamp
Totally Papercrafts--Spring

Debbiexx

23 comments:

Fiona said...

hey Debbie...sounds like you've had a good day...I love watching the otters when we go to the zoo, not that I've been for a long time but they are very clever little animals!!
Fabby card...and Tilda looks great!!

Fi
x

Fleur said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, love the nestie shape. The image is so pretty too. sounds like you had a fab weekend. We went to West Midlands Safari park today it was fab, will post some pics later ~ Mac was overjoyed as she got picked to help the sealions, then the camels poked their head in the truck window ~ it was fantastic.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lindsey said...

Oh no! Now I have the theme tune going around in my head!
Never mind! Onto your card....BEAUTIFUL! Have you stuck a pearl onto every flower? Wow that must have taken hours! Love the layout and colours and vintage Tilda is lovely!
hugs
Linds x

Jennifer said...

Beautiful work, lovely colours!...thanks for playing at 'A Gem Of A Challenge' xx Jenny xx

Mrs A. said...

Love the new nestie shape. Your colour combo is a treat.

Sandra said...

Beautiful card....thanks for joining us this week at A Gem Of A Challenge.

Take care
San x

Claire said...

You have been a busy bee and glad you had a great weekend - doesn't the weather make all the difference? Fab card hun, I think she will definitely pass for an Easter card. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Oh she is adorable Debbie and I'm loving your new nestie too...

Glad you had a lovely weekend sweetie..and I hope you are enjoying the gorgeous weather!

hugs Vicky xx

Jacq said...

Hi Debbie,
Gorgeous card! Love the Tilda image, not seen that one before lol. Love the Nestie, the dp's, the colour scheme and the layout. Coloured beautifully as always.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Sheila said...

Lovely card Debbie. Such a cute image and your colouring is perfect again! I adore that Nestie shape too - must get mine out now that I can lift 'light' weights!! My BigShot is not light but will get someone to put it on my table for me. Glad you had fun painting faces! TY for your kind comments on my blog too, Sheila:)X

Sharon said...

Hi Debbie,

WOW I haven't seen this Magnolia image before - she's gorgeous! Love the nestabilities shape and the beautiful papers you've used! Beautiful card.

Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under this week for our Easter Challenge.

Have a Happy Easter
Sharon x

Camilla said...

Gorgeous card Debbie!
Thanks for joining MDUC for the Easter Challenge this week.
Happy Easter!!
Hugs, Camilla

Faye said...

That is indeed a lovely 'old' Tilda, they don't make 'em like that anymore do they! Anyhow's very pretty, love the soft colours too. Oh and thanks for playing at Cupcake too. xxx

Mummylade said...

What a wonderful take on the Allsorts sketch this week and such soft colours, thank you for participating!

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card love the colour combo and the great image...

Thanks for doing such a great job with the sketch this week and for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Lovely card and coloring! Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercraft Challenge this week. Hope you will be back next week! Hugs Marion

Denise said...

very cute card
Thanks for joining MDUC for the Easter Challenge this week.
Happy Easter!

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Candy said...

Hi Debbie,
You have done a great job on your card.
Great design. LOVE all the pearls you have added to your very pretty design paper! Tilda is gorgeous in your new die - really like the shape.
Many thanks for joining in our Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
Hugs, Candy

Marianne-db said...

Lovely card! Tilda is so sweet :-)
Thanks for joining Stamptacular this week!
Hugs, Marianne

cabio's craft corner said...

So sweet & elegant Tilda card. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge and hope to see you again for the next ones :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! Love the papers and the pearls you added to the flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. hugs, Angela

Shelly said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Fab layers! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge! Shelly x