Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Sunday 10 April 2011

Gone Fishing!

Hello Girls, hope you are all well.

Weather not quite as nice today as it was at the weekend, but I am not moaning, especially now I am off work until May 4th (Woo Hoo).
I have some work to do at the coming weekend (Facepainting at the Lakes Aquarium), just Saturday and Sunday, them I am not working again until May.

I made this latest card yesterday in between a bit of sunbathing, I had forgotten I had this stamped image from Sheila, I love this Sugar Nellie image, reminds me of when I used to go fishing with my dad when I was young.
Fishing was so boring, but funny at the same time. My dad wouldn't let me speak,(torture for me that!) And it was the only time HE was ever quiet as well! Lol.
I used to sit with him for hours on end, not speaking, (No Ipod's, Nintendo or iPhone then remember!!) So boring, and we caught NOTHING almost every time we went.
Those were the days, and now he has passed away I wish I was sat with him and the boring fishing rod now!



So Sugar Nellie fishing, coloured with Pro-markers. I have followed a couple of Monochromatic challenges, so tried to keep it as green as possible (and you all know how much I like green!)
Sorry about the awful photograph, the light was really bad and the camera needed charging.



The sentiment is by Personal Impressions, the flower and pins are Hobbyhouse, the leaf punch is NS and the papers are Prima Jack n' Jill.

Entering this into:

CES--Monochrome
Claudia & Co--Monochrome
Delightful Sketchers--Sun, Sea and Sand
One Stop--Monochrome
PaperSundae--Childhood Memories
Stamp Something--Sassy and Circles
The Sweet Stop--Sketch

Debbiexx

9 comments:

Claire said...

Lovely card Debbie - great image and fab layout. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

She is so sweet hun...fabulous card and great dp's and sketch too...and I used to go fishing with my dad...and yes it was boring then!

I have sent you an e-mail..xx

hugs Vicky xx

CraftyC said...

Hello Debbie, this looks a beautiful card. Love the summery colours and pretty stamp. Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge
Clairexx

Wendy said...

Love it such a cute I stamp I love sugar nellie great colours thank you for joining us at OSCC

Lollydolly DT OSCC

Dawn Easton said...

Such a SWEET image!!! Enjoy your vacation!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop!

scrapperjulia said...

Love that image and the beautiful yellow, pretty card! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

What an adorable image!! I enjoyed your story about your dad. :)

Tracy Valure said...

Love this image! So cute!! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes!
Tracy Valure

Unknown said...

what a great image!! I love it and I love the yellow.. Thanks for playing along at CES xx