Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Sunday 3 April 2011

Looks a bit like Rain~




Hello Girls,

A big Happy Mother's Day to you all, hope you enjoyed it.
My lovely daughter bought me a "skin" for my Miche handbag (in case you don't know, these handbags are fantastic and you buy different skins that are magnetic and fit onto the bag, genius idea and my latest one is brown and cream, lovely.
My son bought me the next best thing to "A Micro Pig, (which is what I wanted!) He bought me a wicker plant pot for the garden in the shape of a pig!! It was full of lovely flowers. LOL It is gorgeous, I did laugh when he made a pig noise when he gave it me!!

I have managed to have a bit of a crafty afternoon. I have been doing more Scrapbooking, but just before tea managed to make this little card.
I was very unsure of the colours when I first made it, but it has grown on me a bit, and I like the sketch set by Totally Gorgeous.




I have used the Lovely Sugar Nellie Heather rubber stamp, (It's ages since she has been out the box!)
Papers are MME Stella Rose "Gertie", these are adorable a really good mix of different colours. I have also used some Craftwork Cards card candy and the flower is by them too.
Not sure who makes these sentiments, but I bought them for my Scrapbooking (came in handy for this card tho') This one is by Longfellow and says "Into every life a little rain must fall", very true!
The lace punch edge is a MS and I used a Nestie scalloped oval.

I am entering this card into:

Totally Gorjuss--Sketch
Crafty Calender--Flowers and Showers
Crafty Catz--April Showers
Craft your Days Away--Spots & Stripes
One Stop--Spots and Dots
Raise the Bar--April Showers
Sentimental Sunday--Lets Get Wet

Debbiexx

16 comments:

Fleur said...

Stunning card Debbie, I love the image, the sentiment & the scrummy papers. Thank you for your lovely comment. I don't thinky my face fits though LOL
Glad you had a lovely mothers day
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Vicky said...

Just gorgeous sweetie....love the image and super dp's..

glad you had a fabby day...and you done some crafting too..woohoo!

have a lovely evening..hugs Vicky xx

Fiona said...

Hi Deb,

Thank you for that lovely comment you left me earlier, Mum was really pleased with my card.
Glad you had a nice Mother's Day, the gifts from your children sound fab altho' I've never heard of a Miche handbag.
As for your card, it's very pretty. Think I have said before you have a great eye for colour, and this card is no exception. Love the sentiment too. x

Claire said...

This is a gorgeous card hun - love the image and the colours too. Glad you had a fab Mother's Day. Hugs, Claire x

Faye said...

Oh Debbie, what lovley colours and a fab layout, I really like this super card. xxx

An Occasional Genius said...

Debbie, this is lovely! Colours are absolutely gorgeous. They were selling Miche handbags last year at a craft fair I did so I saw them demo-ed several times! x

Dorcas said...

Gorgeous card, Debbie! Thanks so much for playing with us at SS! We appreciate your support!
Hugs,
Dorcas

Aunty Sue said...

Great card and thanks for joining Crafty Catz this week

Cheryl said...

This is cute! I love the papers and colors you used.

Thank you for joining our “Let’s Get Wet” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~


**Check out my Meljen’s Designs & Whimsy Stamps blog candy!**

carol said...

aaah this is adorable, love those spottie brads, thanks for playing along with craftycatz, x carol

ladyjanet_56 said...

I think this is a beautiful card, great colour combo. Thank you for joining in at OSCC. Janet

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous, I love all the spotty details :)
Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Wanda Cullen said...

Your card is lovely and perfect for the April showers theme! Thanks for playing along with us at RTB!

~*Joni said...

Debbie she is so cute! I love the color palette you've chosen, perfect for this sweet image. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Raise The Bar this week!
~*Joni RTB DT

Lesley said...

Very pretty card Debbie, the image is very sweet! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

Thanh Vo said...

Great colours that you've chosen here Debbie! I'm just going back and catching up on commenting now so I do apologize for the delay. Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar for the April Showers Challenge :D