Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Friday 30 April 2010

Altered Art Box~~





Hi All~

Yesterday I bought a set of 3 nesting boxes from the Papermania Bare collection. I bought round and oblong, and thought I would have a go at some Altered art with it.
I had been blog hoping when I found the "Polka Doodles" challenge and guess what? It was only Altered Art!!
Great!!
I also wanted to follow the "Just Magnolia" Sketch, but was a bit worried at how I would do this on the lid of a box...but think I managed, lets see what the girls there say.
365 Cards wanted 3 circle's so I think thats covered!!
Finally A spoonfull of sugar wanted 3d...

Sorry for putting on four photo's, but I really did not know which angle to photograph the box from, so decided to show them all~~

I used some of the beautiful MME papers I bought yesterday, the La Paperie pad, some of the papers are very French Shabby Chic, and that was perfect for this make. I had no idea what colour I was going to use, until I saw these sheets. So pink it was.
I have used the Wedding image of Tilda and Edwin, although I don't own this stamp, I have had them stamped for me, think it works on the box lid!

I covered the box and lid with the papers, I inked all the edges, and then sanded them all down.
I had some anique lace, so used this for the edge of the lid and over the top aswell. I matted some other co-ordinated papers on black gloss card, just to lift the pink.
I had lots of Pink Rose buds, but wanted to try out the handmade flower from a book I have.
I made five 1" hearts on the Cricut Machine, I then shaped them slightly so they were not so flat, then glued them all together in the middle, just overlapping slightly, they were finished off with a touch of stickles and a pearl gem, I also made a few MS punch leaves. I have also used the little heart shaped MS border punch for round the bottom of the box.
While my Cricut was "fired up"~ I decided to cut six 1" cirles and glue them together, stacked one on top of each other, pop a couple of holes in the middle and thread ribbon through.
I love doing this, it makes the perfect button to go with your project.
Challenges below:

http://365cards.blogspot.com/2010/04/day-61-circles-3-ways.html

http://justmagnolia.blogspot.com/2010/04/week-53-bevs-sketch.html

http://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/2010/04/week-17-challenge-alter-it.html

http://aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-101-3-d.html
Debbiexx

5 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hi Debbie,
this is fab what a lovely keepsakex
enjoy your weekend
hugs
Suzie Qx

Lindsey said...

What a lovely idea, a proper keepsake. Love the flowers!
LInds xx

kelly said...

This is really lovely,did it take long to do?
Love the colours.
Kelly

Shelley said...

Very sweet! I am trying to do a rectangle box at the moment but its not working. I love the papers and the composition is great. Love image and great colouring. hugs Shelley

Christy said...

This is sooo awesome!!!

If you would be interested in giving a new challenge blog a try, I would love to see how it inspires you :) You can check it out at: Scrap It With a Song

:)