Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Saturday 10 April 2010

Buttons and Bows~~



Hello Again..
Told you I can make cards without using the beautiful, sweet, gorgeous, wonderful, pretty, cute......Tilda!! (It was hard though!)

I love these ready made Lili of the Valley images, I have a few of them. If you just cannot find the time to fit stamping and colouring into your busy day, then these are just right, and some of the images (especially the little girl looking at the horse) are just right. I often use them as a notecards to say hello, or a quick letter to a friend. I have even used them as a `short notice' Get Well card...

I have entered this card in the Buttons and Bows challenge here: http://creativecottagechallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/creative-cottage-challenge-5-buttons.html

I started with the Lili image. The lovely little girl hugging the dog, quite a versitile image. I chose an A4 Kanban piece of cardstock in Egyptian Paper, and folded it in half to make A5. I cut two circles on my cricut machine in brown and cream cardstock and used the cricut `centre point' to cut the `image' in a circle too. I used some checked ribbon from my stash and tied it around the card. Instead of making a bow, I did the ribbon like a man's tie....don't know why, but I quite liked the end result. In my stash I had the cream buttons in different sizes, so added them to the card. I finished with my favorite set of Sentiment stamps...they are TPC Studio Playful Expressions, these setiments are lovely. This one is so perfect for this card as it mentions hugging, and the little girl is giving the wee dog a lovely hug!
Enjoyed making this card, it's a challenge for me to try not to stamp and colour, and to use a Tilda, so I am quite happy....
Debbiexx

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh Debbie this is just GORGEOUS! I wish i could colour like you but sadly I got a C for GCSE art (never listened!). I love how you tied the ribbon, will be nicking that idea very soon! Hope you're enjoying the sun, we've been in the garden most of the day but I might get time for a quick challenge tonight as I'm being abandoned by Hubby who's off to watch the rugby

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Debbie, love your card and your colouring is fabulous!!!! I headed on over here after reading your comment on Vicky's blog (Kip's Cards) as you mentioned having made a paper birdhouse. I know you said this was in a magazine but have you seen any similar templates??? Cheers, Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

Hi again, thanks for your comment hun - 'I'll be back' as Arnie would say as I have signed up as a follower! My blog is nearly one year old and I am planning a little candy giveaway. Don't fogert to pop back around the end of April (or follow, or store as a favourite if you wish). Hugs, Jo x

Becky said...

How beautiful!! I love the colours and that ribbon is lush!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
Love Becky xx

Teri said...

Hiya hun - fabulous work with this card. Loving those colours.
Thank you for sharing at The Creative Cottage this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Debbie, wow i love this card, that LOTV image is one of my favourites. Thank you for joining in with the Creative Cottage challenge this week hugs Linda x