Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Thursday 29 April 2010

~Thursday is Lilac day~



Hi All~
Looks like it's going to rain here today, although up to now, it hasn't...It's not like we don't need some, but it has been great, this nice warm weather.

I wanted to do another shaped card today, and chose this Scrapbook paper that was already this shape~all I did was fold in it half and then stuck it to a plain white card and cut round it, for a bit more stability.
I have followed a few challenges for this card. As I have made my own flowers, found a couple which required this element.
List of them below:

http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-48-shaped-card.html

http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-52.html

http://365cards.blogspot.com/2010/04/day-60-all-that-glitters.html

http://pollycraftchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-41-make-your-own-flowers.html

http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-110-make-your-own.html

http://paperplaychallenges.blogspot.com/2010/04/10-week-17-pretty-pastels.html

I just had to use Tilda again today, she makes me smile...She's so cute, and this image with her hair up in little buns is Sooooo sweet...do you agree?

I cannot remember where I saw the demo for this flower, but it was so easy...
Start off drawing a freehand cirle getting nearer and nearer the centre like a spiral, then cut along the line to the middle with scissors, then starting from the outside roll it up and glue at the end.....Oh hec I made it sound hard and yet it isn't!!

I do not use glitter on cards very often (just stickles), so this was nice for a change, but it's all over my face like I am off to a disco~~ and yet alas I am not!!
My MS punch was out again for the border, I have added pearls, and a ribbon with a sugar brad in the middle. The wee sentiment says "Spring is just Ducky"!!

Debbiexx

18 comments:

Carolyn V said...

So soft and pretty. Adorable!

Vicky said...

very nice!! i know what you mean about glitter - i don't use it that much often either because it tends to get all of the place! but it was fun for a change!

Anonymous said...

I love the soft colours on this card.Lovely flower and Tilda is so sweet! If you go on youtube, there is so many tutorial about flowers.
Hugs xx
Pat

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Stunning flower! This crad looks so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week.
Hugs, marit.

Donna said...

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for your kind comments on my flame haired card - i do so love Edward! Your card is fab and Tilda is really growing on me. I don't have any yet but she will defo be on my next craft shopping list! x

kelly said...

A lovely card Debbie,love the colours.

Lindsey said...

What a great idea to use ahaped scrapbook paper! And the flower, well that's just stunning. I'll have a go at that one, hoe gig does the circle need to be?
Love all the glitter too!
Enjoy the disco!
Linds xx

Shelley said...

Love the soft purple/lilac colours you have used. Great to see you using one card for many blog challenges. Also love th shape of your card. hugs Shelley

Suzi Mac said...

This is so pretty Debbie, love those sweet pastel colours, the shape and of course Tilda. Thank you so much for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet card and all that glitter. I love Tilda too. I love that you have combine so many challenge into one.. great play :D

Eiglas said...

What a lovely card Debbie! Super shaping and colouring.
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Ei
x

andrea said...

gorgeous card,fab shape thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t. this week
andrea

Rose said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image and I love the flower!

Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose xx

Claire Phillips said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claire Phillips said...

Great shape - thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week! Sorry brain and fingers not working together.....wonderful flower! Cheers Claire x

Pop's Cards said...

Love the image that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us on LOTV.
Caz
x

Marcea said...

What a beautiful summery card. I really love your colours and pretty details. Thanks for joining us on LOTV
-x-