Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Wednesday 21 April 2010

Tilda in Spring Green~~


Hi all,
Have given in to my Tilda addiction and this card features the lady herself!
I have not used her in my last 3 or 4 cards, so it's about time she came for a visit!

I have made her in my favorite colour...green, I love green, all my cards would be green if I could get away with it!
I have entered her into 3 challenges and they are listed below:

http://cinspirations.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-57-sketch.html

http://creativecottagechallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/creative-cottage-challenge-7-going.html

http://magnoliadownunderchallenges.blogspot.com/2010/04/magnolia-down-under-challenge-42.html

http://aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-100-happy-birthday.html


The paper used is from Hot off the Press paper pad called 4 Seasons, I have had it ages but remembered that there were some great "Green" papers in it, so actually I ended up using 3 green papers, and they all came out of this pad~

This is a lovely Tilda, she is so sweet the way she is carrying the heavy pressies!
I had ribbon in my stash, and on this card did not want to add any fabric or paper flowers, (as the paper has flowers on). Instead I added a rub on corner and rub on flower. The MDUC wanted me to do a masking technique, so some of the rubber stamp grasses are stamped after a mask was put over the top of Tilda.

My MS punch made another appearance for the border edge, and my sentiment is from the lovely Sue Dreamer. (These sentiments are made on vellum and are just gorgeous).

My Green creation!!
Debbiexx

12 comments:

Tracy said...

beautiful card Debbie, love the design and all the flowers. Thanks for joining in with this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge.
Tracy x

wendy said...

wow lovely card....sooo cute...

Lindsey said...

Wow this is beautiful! Loving all that green, so pretty.
Regarding your question about distress inks, I just dab the pad onto an acrylic block and dilute with a bit of water, there are loads of tutorials on line. I always get the hang of it then go back to promarkers then have to learn all over again! Once you get used to how quicly they dry etc you will feel more incontrol with them. I just use decent watercolour brushes, i like a large flat one for the first wash as it holds more ink but after that I just use a mediuum pointed tip to build up the colour. Bet you would be brilliant at it! If you do decide to buy some get them online from Joanna Sheen as they are by far the cheapest and free p and p
Linds x

Becky said...

What a pretty card Debbie!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage Challenge and Good Luck!!
Love Becky xx

Debra James said...

This is beautiful, Love your Tilda image and all of your embellishments..Thanks for playing with Magnolia Down Under Challenges, Hugs xxx

Debbie Pamment said...

Wow – what a fabulous job you’ve done with masking you images – your card is gorgeous.
Thanx sooo much for joining us at MDUC this week.
xXx

NGCARDS said...

Such a lovely girly card hun! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

Such a pretty card with pretty colours!! Beautiful card!!
Thank you for joining us at Magnolia Down Under!
Hugs,
Janiel

Anonymous said...

Oh Debbie your really making me itch to make some card's...
This is truly wonderful. The colours, the flowers, ribbon and the techniques are super, you have done a fantastic job here, all the elements pull together to perfection....well done you!!!

Fantasit job!!!

I am just having 5 minutes from my task in hand...I think cocoa is going to be the one, I had to carry my painting through to the kitchen as it looked a bit dingy, I plan to go with green in there...I have a feeling you will aprove...lol
Thanks for all your help, I will speak to you soon, I need to get back to work now...lol
x
Vicky

Stampin'Piper said...

WOW, what a super cute card! I love it!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations and Magnolia Down Under!

Hugs Tanja

Shelly said...

Hi! Love the flowery paper and the pretty ribbon! Thank you for Going Green with us at The Creative Cottage!
Shelly ;)

Rach said...

what a fabulous card, great shades of green. such a pretty card.xx