Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Sunday 25 April 2010

THANK YOU~~


Hi All~~

Hope you all liked my Scrapbook page. If you have never tried it, go ahead and have a go, it's not as daunting as it first seems, and there are NO mistakes in Scrapbooking, just go for it and see how lovely you can make your photographs look.

The first book I ever made was for my nana's 90th Birthday, it was full of her family and friends, she loved it, she leaves it out on a coffee table and she shows it to anyone and everyone! (She will be 94 this Christmas~)

Back to today. Not very sunny here! Watching the London Marathon, I am always amazed at how people can run for 26 miles, I have a bit of a problem running for the bus!!

Before I went to bed last night i got all the papers and embelishments ready to make this card. I used an image from the SN range, the gorjuss girl, she is so cute.
These are my new papers, Basic Grey "Kioshi", they are all really unusual and all these sort of distressed lilac colours, a bit Japanese looking.
I used my friend Angie's Nesie, this is the funny edged oval, I like this shape. I have used my Ms punch for the border and flowers, card candy centres, and a little handbag charm on ribbon. Decided to use the Thank You sentiment as I have a thank you to give, so thought this a nice card to do that with.
Entered into challenges:

http://totallygorjuss.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-27-gorjuss.html

http://sugarbowlblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-34-tiets-sketch.html

http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com/2010/04/crazy-4-challenges-c4c34.html

Debbiexx

19 comments:

Shelley said...

You putting me to shame with all these gorgeous cards. Just slow down!!!!!! Not really! I love your cards and am so glad you are enjoying yourself. I love your Gojuss Girl and the flowers you have made. See you tomorrow. hugs Shelley

StampOwl said...

this is adorable thanks for playing with the C4C gals

Annette said...

Hi Debbie! Heard your interested in digi's? Check this site out to get your collection started: http://freedigitalstamps.blogspot.com/
Hope this helps & come join us at SSC!

Skraptacular Designs said...

Hi Debbie...I just wanted to answer your question you left for me on our Stamptacular Sunday Challenge Blog regarding the difference between digis and the regular rubber or acrylic stamps that you use.

Digi's are stamps that are created with a digital media such as Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc...They are stamps that you can buy from various creators online. There are many digi artists available to choose from.

What they do is draw an image, that looks like a coloring book character. Enter and edit it online with a digital media, save it to their computer and then sell them to people like us. So, instead of getting out our ink pads and rubber or acrylic stamps and hand stamping our image onto cardstock you would just buy an image you like from an online vendor and print it out using your computer. You'd color it just the same as you normally would a hand stamped image.

Hope this helps. If you go to our Stamptacular Sidebar you'll see several of our sponsors are digi shops. Click on them and peruse to get a better idea of what I am talking about.

Some people really enjoy working with digis and some people prefer to do things the old fashioned way. It's all a matter of preference.

Take care and I hope I have helped to clarify things a bit for you.

Hugs,
Priscilla

Silli said...

Your card is so sweet, love the image.

Lindsey said...

Wow you've been busy this weekend! Love all the cards and the scrapbook page is great! I can't believe you made the cake too Wonderwoman!
Linds xx

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card Debbie, i love those Gorjuss girls soooo much! Off to check out your Scrapbook page... Jo x

Jane said...

Hi Debbie! This is gorgeous, love the beautiful colour scheme and the charm looks great on the ricrac - what a great idea! Thanks for visiting me, you asked about the Gorjuss Girl decoupage, the images are precut and coloured, you simply pop them out and layer them up - couldn't be easier! hugs, Jane xxx

Rach said...

quickly popping by to say thank you for joining in with my candy give away and to wish you luck.xx

fabulous card, love the little handbag charm that you have used.x

Debra James said...

Gorgeous card Debbie , love it and love the little handbag charm and I sooo love your scrap book page and that Cake, my gosh it looks amazing. 94 what a wonderful life she must and still has and you is one very creative lady, hugsxxxx

amanda stokes said...

Fab GG card
thanks for playing along at Totally Gorjuss this week
hugs amanda xx

Lynda Benden said...

darling card! LOVE the image and your colors are gorgeous!

craftymum said...

Such a lovely card Debbie
thanks for joining us at TG
Love Sarah XXX

Carolyn said...

Hi Debbie, what a fabulous card. I love the Gorjuss Girls. The purse charm is darling. Thanks for your kind comments and all your visits to my blog. Yes you just sew the paper like it's material. Sometimes I add a finer needle to my machine, like one for delicate fabrics. They have a little sharper point and go through the paper easier. Otherwise I just sew a little slower so I can control the machine and sew straight. The paper is very slippery, more so than material. Have fun and give it a try.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Kat said...

This is really lovely. I love this sweet GG, I use her lots. That DP is beautiful...I have some too!

Kat x

Kat said...

Oops sorry I forgot to say thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Debs said...

Gorguss card!!...thanks for playing along at TG this week...Debs x

Lilian said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Deb said...

fabulous card, very sweet image and love the little charm, hugs debx