Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Friday 23 April 2010

My First Ever Step Card~~



Hi All~

Been to work this morning, but have managed a couple of hours crafting this afternoon. My friend Angie is calling tonight for a session (crafting that is!) while hubby is out with his mates, drinking beer!! Don't want to think what he is going to look like tomorrow morning!
Good job I am out on Saturday morning so I wont see him or hear the moaning about a soar head!!

Well this afternoon I was having a look around and found a pack of Step Cards~~
I have had these white scalloped step cards for a while now, but had a blank on how to use them.
I wanted to use my Happy Tilda on a card, so thought I would have a go and see how it turned out using them together...

I saw a challenge when Blog hopping, and it required using Brown and Pink. I knew I had lots of those colours in papers and pens, so decided to cover the card blank with them and finish off with Cricut flowers and hearts. The lovely epoxy sentiment is from ATD Serenity, there were lots of words to choose from, but because this is Happy Tilda I chose the word LAUGH!!
I prefer to just do "flat" cards, but recently I have made a couple of easle cards, a round card and now this step card...It's having a go at something new and I love all that. I will try anything, not always successfully, but who cares as long as I am having fun!!

Card is entered into the following challenges:

http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-47-pink-and-brown.html

http://papercutzchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/paper-cutz-challenge-38.html

http://justmagnolia.blogspot.com/2010/04/week-52-anything-goes.html

10 comments:

Gro said...

Wow!
This was just georgious!!!!
Love the colors!!!

Hugs, Gro

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Debbie, a girls night in crafting - how lovely!!! This is a gorgeous step card. Never tried them myself as they look too difficult for technically challenged little me. Great colours and a lovely Tilda! Have a fab evening and a great weekend, Jo x

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a great step card (one of my favorite styles of cards!!!) Love the image and colors!! Thanks for joining us this week at PCC!

Terry

Rose said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x

Shelley said...

Debbie, this is just gorgeous. You have done a great job with the side step card. Love the papers and the darling image you have used. hugs matey Shelley

Bev said...

Wow this is so pretty, such wonderful detail! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Eiglas said...

This is fab! what a happy card!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Helen Dooley said...

What a beautiful card. Im so glad you played along this week at PCC.

Trimgym said...

Lovely pink and brown card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

andrea said...

gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t. this week
andrea