Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Saturday 24 April 2010

NOT a card ~ A Scrapbook Page~~




Hi All~~

Well, as an avid Scrapbooker at heart I have thought really hard about this~~ Should I put a page on my Blog?
So I started to go through the ones I have (and thats alot!) Which one to choose, it took ages, I just did not know which one to pick.

I saw a challenge asking for "quotes". It said you could choose any crafting project, so I thought this was ideal.
I chose this page in the end because it brought back lovely memories of my Son's Christening day. I made his cake that day and was pleased with the comments I recieved.
I have to confess that was a while ago now~~Matthew is 18 in four months time~
How time flies!!

I loved making his cake, and I loved designing this Scrapbook page for it to go onto, it made a change from using people and places on a LO, (lay out).

As the photo was Bears having a picnic, I decided to go on line and find the song The Teddy Bears Picnic, "If you go down to the woods today, your sure of a big surprise"etc...Music by John W Bratton in the 1900s,and Lyrics by Jimmy Kennedy in the 1930s. I printed the song off, and then cut it out in strips before adding to the LO.
Hope you like it and hopefully it will give you ideas on what to do with your lovely photo's.
Scrapbooking your photo's is such a wonderful thing to do, before I did it, mine were in the loft in an old cardboard box, being looked at every five years or so. Does that ring a bell?
Not anymore, all my favorites are pride of place in my albums, and they get looked at on a regular basis. People love to look through them, unlike when you give them a handful of photo's to look at.!!
I Love this hobby, I am currently working on book number 48!! (not all mine I might add, some have been other people's memories~~)
Debbiexx

Below is the challenge I have entered this page into:

http://charismacardz.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-16-quote-me.html

7 comments:

Liz McGuire, said...

Oh my goodness....book 48! My flabber has been gasted! I have completed one 8x8 and plan to get the box out the cupboard and do more...but 48? Sheesh!

And...it's fab.

Liz x

Shelley said...

Well this didnt take you long my dear! But glad you did as will other bloggers. I bet Matthew is squirming at this post. Lovely page Debbie, cant wait to see more. hugs matie Shelley

Suzie Q said...

Wow!
Book 48 now that is some serious scrapping!
you really should post your pages i would love to see them i am sure along with everyone else!
its your blog show what ya like - as long as its not your knickers lol!
hugs
Suzie qx

Dotty Jo said...

I have only tired a couple of scrapbook pages and discovered that I am not at home with this style of crafting at all! Glad to see that you obviously are a real pro as I love this page!!!! Great cake too - you are so clever! Jo x

Tasha said...

Oh wow what a super cute page! Love the quote
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Faye said...

This is brilliant! I love it, and will be singing that song for the rest of the day! Thanks so much for playing at Charisma! xxx

Andria said...

Ooh that cake looks fabulous, your a talented lady.