Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Thursday 15 April 2010

Fairies Do Exist!




Another gorgeous day, although a little bird told me that we could be in for some of that white stuff.. SN**, but if we don't actually say the word, then it might not happen~
I have had a day of jobs today so, not done any crafting until tonight.
The post lady, well lad actually, brought me and my friend Angie (Hi Ang!) the latest Magnolia Ink Magazine "A midsummer nights dream" ~~ OMG, am I allowed to say that? It is so lovely, well I did not really expect it to be anything else with Tilda centre stage!

Back to my crafting tonight ~~ I have wanted to use the Lili of the Valley toppers I bought a few weeks ago and found the perfect challenge to enter it in...The Lili of the Valley Thursday Challenge, perfect.

http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-51.html

Also Paper Cutz Challenge:
http://papercutzchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/paper-cutz-challenge-37.html


I saw a tutorial on how to make this "pocket card" on a lovely blog, details here:

http://whiffofjoy.blogspot.com/2010/04/criss-cross-pocket-card-tutorial-by.html

It is lovely and so different. At first I thought, Oh this is going to be complicated, all that measuring, you know me and measuring!!
But it turns out it's easy peasy, give it a go.
I made the Pocket Card first, then measured the little card to slip inside it~
I was looking at it thinking "wouldn't it make a great Wedding Invitation if it was made in white and silver?

OH NEARLY 4 GOT..... The bit on the card that looks like a a doily is done with my MS corner punch and a circle of card, another tutorial from the same blog as above...absolutly genius.

Debbiexx

10 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hi Debbie,
great card love that image1
please do not mention that word!!!
great doily circle going to check out that tut thanks for letting us know x
hugs
Suzie Qx

kelly said...

Hi Debbie,loving your card.Can i just say thanks for being my first follower on my blog.I have now joined yours too.
I also have the same punch so might give my butterfly one a break and have ago with this one.Yours look fab.Kelly

dolcreations said...

I love this card Debbie. I love the soft colours and that image! I love how there is an extra little card and you pull it out! Fantastic idea! I just got your comment on my blog this morning regarding putting the blog candy on your blog. I was just about to email you the instructions...and I see you have done it perfectly!! Way to go! Sorry I was so late helping you out!

Lindsey said...

Hi Debs!
Fab card!Love this image and such lovely colours! That greny blue is one of my favs. The doily is perfect too! I had a load of LOTV stuff land on my doorstep this morning too! Had to tell hubby i'd won it ;-)
Glad you sorted out the piccie!
Linds xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Debbie, this is fabulous!!!! What a great card shape and I love LOTV! That doily is amazing. thanks for your comment on my pig/get well card. I love pigs too (and sheep). I have a gorgeous pig stamp from sugar nellie/funky kits - have you seen it???? Jo x

Helen Dooley said...

This is GORGEOUS! elegant and beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along this week at PCC.

Bev said...

Wow this is so pretty, such wonderful detail! Thanks for joining us at LOTV this week x

Anonymous said...

So lovely how you've used the border punch to surround your LOTV-Fairy! Lovely colours too, precious card you've done! Hugs, Angie

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a pretty card..love the images!! Thanks for joining us this week at PCC and hope you'll continue to join in the fun challenges each week!

Terry

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous honey, you have done a fab job with the sketch, love the sweet image and fab colours too, thanks for joining us at "Lili of the Valley" this week big hugs Pops x x x