Welcome to Debbie's Blog.....

Hello, I am so excited to share my love of Papercrafting with likewise people. Hope you like what you see and read. Debbiexx







Monday 19 April 2010

Do I Love Red?


Well the short answer is yes!

Well sort of~~
However I never wear it, and I don't craft with it, (or not very often anyway!)
I have used it in the occasional Scrapbook page, but I think other than the once a year hubby Valentine's card, I have not used it much at all.

I have enjoyed using my new girl stamps from Kanban, I had a little spend on QVC last week and these came today.
I have decided to do two cards at the same time (clever or what!!)

On the first card I stamped the girl twice, once on white card and the second on the red paper, I then cut out the red dress and hat and layered them over the top. Just like when I was a child and had a cut out dressing up doll. (Oh I used to love them, I would sit for hours with my sister playing doll dress up!!)

I have used some of the same papers for the second card. I have cut round the girl after stamping, she too is copic coloured and matted on a white card cut on the Nesibilities, and put through the bug with swiss dot folder.
For the brilliant "button", go to the fabulous Wiff of Joy tutorial~~it's fab:
(Link below)
http://whiffofjoy.blogspot.com/2010/04/buttons.html

These cards will go in the "Red and White" Sweet stamping challenge, Cupcake Craft Challenge, and The Abc challenge, all links found below:

http://cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-87red-white.html

http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/challenge-22-in-stitches.html

http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/2010/04/s-is-for.html


When I look at these two cards, I will try and feel more love towards the colour red~~I think it is working!!
Debbiexx

7 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Hi Debbie,
Funny i never choose red if i think about it but i should as these are lovely x
hugs
Suzie qx

Lindsey said...

These are gorgeous! I'm attempting the red challenge myself at the mo but having problems, i can do hot pink but not so great with red even though I love it! That button is great, gonna look that up now!
Linds xxx

Terry said...

Hiya Debbie, just love you're card wowwwwww.....thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamping. Hugs Terry xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Debbie, I love red too but don't use it anywheer near enough! Your cards are gorgeous and thats such a pretty little stamp/image. Love your paper piecing, Jo x

Faye said...

Wow, I love red too, your cards are gorjuss with a capital G! Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Debbie, I love your two cards. The images are gorgeous and your papers are beautiful. The button looks amazing (thanks for the link) - I'm sure we'll be seeing these everywhere soon haha! Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Shelley said...

I can't keep up with you at the moment woman!!!! Can I have some of what your on. . .
These are gorgeous, I like the red colours and you have done a great job. hugs Shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/